Hello! Long time – no post! I apologize for my unexpected two-week absence. I’ve not been well, but am on the mend and excited to get back to blogging and share some delicious new recipes. I have so many exciting meals planned! However, today I would like to share some healthy vegetarian lunch ideas with all of you. I suffer from a chronic medical condition that is normally controlled, but sometimes my health can go from good to bad in a matter of hours. In order to maintain my health with limited medication, I have been focusing on eating natural/unprocessed foods, trying to get proper sleep and start exercising more.
Generally speaking, I am really good at eating a very healthy breakfast and wholesome dinners. However, I’ve been slacking off when it comes to lunch. I’ve been buying a few too many processed microwave dinners or even skipping lunch all together! So, to make things easier for myself (and hopefully for my lovely readers), here are 30 fantastic healthy, vegetarian lunch ideas from some of my favourite blogs. Some of the recipes require a bit of advanced prep, but each recipe is simple and perfect for lunch. Each lunch options is packed with veggies, protein, and tons of fibre – everything you need to keep you full + energetic throughout the afternoon at work.
I’ll be back tomorrow with a new recipe post and some exciting news!
Sandwiches + Wraps
- Better-than-Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Greek Quinoa Wraps with Tzatziki [Once Upon a Cutting Board]
- California Veggie Wraps [My Kitchen Addiction]
- Vegetable Moo Shu Wraps [Vegetarian Times]
- Chipotle Bean Burritos [Peaches + Cream]
- Crispy Tofu Sandwiches with Ginger Peanut Sauce [Oh My Veggies]
- Mediterranean Loaded Veggie Sandwich [A Couple Cooks]
- Eggless-Salad Sandwich [Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes]
- Creamy Avocado Salad on a Croissant [Scarborough Food Fair]
- Sweet + Spicy Thai Farro Salad
- Roasted Vegetable Chickpea Salad [Annie’s Eats]
- Sushi Roll Edamame Salad [Shutterbean]
- Cauliflower Bean + Feta Salad [Smitten Kitchen]
- Southwestern Black Bean Quinoa Mango Salad [Skinny Taste]
- Crunchy Asian Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Roasted Tomatoes Broccoli + Feta [Annie’s Eats]
- Black Rice Salad with Mango + Peanuts [Love + Olive Oil]
- Curried Quinoa Mango Salad
- Orzo Broccoli Pesto Salad [Sprouted Kitchen]
- Falafel Salad [Flourishing Foodie]
- Red Quinoa Taco Salad with Chipotle Lime Dressing [Love + Lemons]
- Coconut Ginger Quinoa Salad with Apples
- Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta Salad [Keepin’ It Kind]
- Indonesian Rice Salad [Flourishing Foodie]
- Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad [Vegan Chickpea]
- Israeli Couscous + Green Lentil Salad [Kitchen Treaty]
- Vegetarian Cobb Salad with Basil Pesto Dressing
- Moroccan Carrot + Chickpea Salad [101 Cookbooks]
- Summertime Quinoa Salad
- Antipasto Pasta Salad
Love this round-up — thanks for the link! Sorry to hear you were feeling under the weather, but glad you’re feeling better now :) That Thai farro salad looks amazing!
Thanks Sonja! Me too! It was a rough week and a bit. But I’m finally getting my energy back. And my appetite! *hehe* The Thai Farro Salad is delicious. The dressing is so yummy. I loved the texture of farro in salad.
Gwen @SimplyHealthyFamily says
Lovely roundup!!! I’m pinning this for future reference. Thanks so much for sharing.
Natalie @ Once Upon a Cutting Board says
Great roundup, thanks for all the delicious lunch ideas! Sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling well and I hope you get back to normal soon!
Hey welcome back!! I’m going to check out those recipes now… that better than tuna sandwich is calling my name…
Feel better soon!
The round-up looks great, as always! I am glad to hear that you are feeling better:) Yay! Can’t wait to hear about tomorrow’s exciting news ;)
Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies says
I’m glad you’re feeling better! That farro salad is amazing–I need to make it again! Thanks for linking to my sandwich recipe too. :)
Glad you are feeling better, great list I will definitely be using this as a reference :)
Awe, thank you! :) Glad to be feeling better too! It sucks to be stuck in bed and unproductive. *hehe* Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. xo
what a great roundup, lady! i can’t wait to try some of these suggestions! thanks for including me <3
You are most welcome! It was tough to narrow it down and just choose one of your recipes! So many great ones. xo
Ella @ Lifeologia says
What a great roundup! I’m getting hungry ;))
*hehe* Thanks! I have it admit, I ate A LOT while making this list! *hehe*
Ella @ Lifeologia says
Hope you’ll be back to feeling great soon!
I also do this… I work up my health to feel great – feel better…. and then I slack off and bring on poor eating habits. Then my health spirals down… and the cycle begins again ;)
Lessons learned – we have to eat great everyday! ;)
And it’s good to have a little break from blogging – if it becomes forced it’s less fun and what’s the point ;)
Sending big hugs your way.
ps. my apologies for not visiting you as often as I would like ;) xo
It’s so true! I need to tackle healthy eating for life, so I don’t have so much trouble getting back on track when I feel sick. Good, healthy food makes me feel so happy and energetic. Why do I still crave the bad foods!? lol Thank you for the hugs and well wishes! xoxo
Thank you for including my dish, Courtney! This is a great list too- I love the variety! :-)
Kare @ Kitchen Treaty says
What a mouth-watering list of veggie recipes! Great round-up. Thanks so much for including one of my recipes.
So sorry you’ve been under the weather, but happy to hear you’re on the mend!
Thank you! xo I am glad to be feeling better too. I hate being so unproductive! *haha* Love your recipes!
Just wanted to alert you that fish is not on the menu for vegetarians! Great ideas though!
Sorry-just realised that you haven’t put fish on here at all-the Tuna (not Tuna) sandwiches threw me!;)
Not a problem :) If I saw someone claiming tuna was vegetarian, I’d be concerned too!
This is absolutely awesome thanks for it. God bless you.