- 3 tablespoons of vanilla rooibos tea leaves
- 1 cup of water; heated according to the type of tea you are using
- pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of vanilla almond milk; chilled
- 1 cup of ice cubes
1. Steep the loose-leaf tea in the hot water for 5 minutes. Strain. Note: you want the tea to be quite strong, as you will be diluting it with almond milk + ice.
2. Add honey (if using) to the steeped tea and stir well to combine. Add a splash of pure vanilla extract. Place the tea in the fridge to chill.
3. When ready to serve the latté, slowly stir the chilled almond milk into the chilled tea. Note: If you don’t have time to allow the tea to chill a bit in the fridge, you can combine the almond milk, tea and ice cubes in a martini shaker and and chill the beverage that way.
4. Fill two glasses with ice. Pour rooibos latté over the ice and enjoy!
yield: about 2 cups
Source: Courtney original