What does this have to do with Avocado Feta Salsa? Absolutely nothing! *hah* I am just typing up this blog post during our Sunday morning movie date and I thought to mention our fun little tradition :) Do you have any fun weekend traditions?
As for this Avocado Feta Salsa – it’s amazing. My friend Rosanne brought it to our last book club meeting and I devoured it. It was quite embarrassing, as I inhaled more than my fair share. But I could not stop eating it – it was so addictive! It’s really easy to throw together and is best served with tortilla chips, pita chips or melba toasts. It also makes a nice addition to a sandwich.
Hope you all have a very happy Sunday!
- 4 roma tomatoes; chopped with seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic; minced (or more if you love garlic)
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 large avocados
Note: if you don’t want to use Roma tomatoes, you can use cherry or grape tomatoes (about 20) cut in half.
1. Combine all of the ingredients except the avocados in a bowl and chill. Gently stir in the chopped avocado just before serving.
Source: my lovely friend Rosanne