- 2 large scoops of fat free vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1/4 cup of vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of apple juice (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
1. In a blender or with a hand immersion blender & a jar, combine all the ingredients until smooth and frothy. Add more apple juice if you are not getting a strong enough apple flavour. If you would like a smoothie that is less thick, add a splash or two more of soy milk. Note: you can make this recipe vegan if you use vegan ice cream.
2. Pour mixture into two glasses and garnish with another sprinkle of cinnamon. You can also top with a pretty star anise for effect and flavour.
Makes 2 cups.
Source: based on a drink from Moosewood New Classics cookbook