- 2 cups of frozen edamame (raw soy beans)
- 2 cups of fresh spinach leaves (or an assortment of your favourite greens)
- 1/2 cup of cashew halves; toasted
- 1 cup of dried oriental noodles; crushed
- 1 cup of canned mandarin orange segments; drained
- 1 avocado; peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup of vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger; peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of honey
1. Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add the frozen edamame beans and cook them for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Prepare the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, sesame oil, ginger, rice wine vinegar, miso paste, soy sauce and honey until smooth.
3. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach leaves, edamame beans, cashews, pumpkin seeds, dried oriental noodles, mandarin orange segments, and avocado slices.
4. Dress the salad as desired with the ginger-miso dressing.
Source: adapted from the mandarin chicken noodle salad at RA
[a restaurant in Las Vegas, Nevada]; dressing from Michael Smith’s Kitchen (100 Favourite Recipes)
Blushing Geisha Cocktail
- Skyy Raspberry Vodka
- Chambord (raspberry liqueur)
- lemon-lime soda