- 1 package (2-layer size) of yellow or golden cake mix
- 1 can (398ml) of pumpkin puree, divided (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 package (250g) of cream cheese, softened (Philadelphia Cream Cheese)
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1 tub (1L) of Cool Whip Whipped topping, thawed
- ¼ cup of caramel topping
- ½ cup of toasted pecans
2. Beat the cake mix with 1 cup of pumpkin puree, milk, oil, 4 eggs, and 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
3. Pour mixture evenly into cups of a muffin tin.
4. Bake according to instructions of cake mix or until a toothpick inserted into the centres comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks.
5. Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese in a small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Be patient, as if you don’t allow the cream cheese to become creamy, you’ll risk getting lumps in your icing.
6. Add icing sugar, remaining pumpkin puree, and remaining ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice; mix well. Stir in whipped topping.
7. Frost the cooled cupcakes with the frosting & sprinkle each with a pinch of cinnamon or cinnamon sugar.
8. Drizzle with caramel topping and toasted pecans. Store in the fridge.