- 2 (8 oz) packages of low-fat cream cheese; room temperature
- 1 cup of low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of chopped green chiles (in a can); drained
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers; seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup of mexican-style cheese; shredded
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs (or regular bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- Cooking Spray
1. Pre-heat oven to 375’F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and mayonnaise. Note: I whipped the two together with a hand held mixer to ensure the consistency was nice and smooth.
3. Add the green chiles, jalapeños and shredded mexican cheese and mix until well combined.
4. Spread the mixture into a baking dish (approximately 9 x 9-inches). Note: I used a 9-inch pie plate.
5. In a second bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the mixture over the cream cheese mixture in the baking dish. Spray lightly with a cooking spray.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the mixture is hot and the topping is golden brown.
Serve warm with baguette slices, vegetables, taco chips, crackers etc. as desired.
Source: adapted from Annie’s Eats