- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- vanilla icing tinted green (use store bought icing or try this recipe)
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 12 standard pipe cleaners (brown works best); cut in half
5. Frost the cupcakes with the green icing. In order to make the icing look a little like easter grass, I used a decorating tip like this one. Place 3 Mini Eggs on the top of each cupcake. Curve the pipe cleaners into a basket handle and stick right into the cupcake. And voila….adorable easter basket cupcakes!
Source: cupcake recipe from Martha Stewart; cupcake design adapted from a cake decorating course I took a few years back.