- 2 and 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 cup of Earth Balance butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup of organic vegan white sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1-15 ounce can of pure pumpkin purée
- 2 cups of vegan white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of roughly chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350’F. Line the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper – leaving an overhang on all sides. Grease with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until smooth. Beat in the flax egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in the pumpkin purée. Note: don’t worry if the mixture looks a bit curdled. It’s normal.
4. Reduce the speed to low and mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips and pecans.
5. Spread the batter evenly in a prepared pan. Bake until the edges begin to pul away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached (about 35 to 40 minutes). Cool completely in the pan.
Store in an airtight container for up to three days.
Yield: about 18 blondies
Source: adapted from My Baking Addiction (originally from Martha Stewart)
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com says
I need to get a few pumpkins, right about now!!!
your blondies always look SO GOOD. i remember your f&b post, the pics were so white and gorgeous. i wish vegan white chocolate chips were in stores, but i can only get them online. maybe i should bite the bullet and buy them, just so i can make these beauties!
ooh yum, wish I had one of these (for breakfast) right about now!
lysa jordan says
Wow these looks amazing. Blondies..pumpkin and white chocolate…Oui, merci !!
Parsley Sage Rosemary & Thyme says
Yum! I’m getting ready to make some pumpkin puree and it might just end up as the foundation for these blondies!
Beautiful! Love the photos and the blondies too. :) What a perfect dessert for fall!
Heather Hands says
I just stumbled across your blog, and I want to say how lovely your work is. Your pictures are so clear and descriptive. I love your use of depth-of-field, and your food styling techniques are impressive. I so glad to have found another awesome vegetarian blog. Looking through your recipes, I see that we share similar tastes. I am so excited to try a few of your recipes.
These pictures are beautiful ..never mind the taste that will make us soooo happy…love brownies….any kind…..
Lauren @ Hey, who cut the cheese? says
These look incredible!! I think I’m going to have to bake some up tomorrow =D
These look yummy!!
Natalie @ Once Upon a Cutting Board says
I’d take a blondie over a brownie any day, but blondies with pumpkin in them are even better! Also, I want your window ledge/bench – love it!
sooo many good things in 1 blondie! you aced it, girl.
Where do you get your vegan white chocolate chips? I haven’t seen them in any stores that I can recall. I would love to make these. Thanks!
I can’t get over how luscious and decadent these blondies are! I want them in my life, ASAP! How quickly can you get to LA? ;-)
Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes says
Brilliant! I am loving this recipe so much – it looks and sounds almost too good to be true – you are so creative Court! xo