Ingredients – Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 8 ounces of cream cheese; cut into small pieces
- 1 lemon; zested
- 1 cup of regular sour cream
- 1/2 cup of half-and-half
- 2/3 cup of white sugar
- pinch of salt
Method – Cheesecake Ice Cream
1. Put the pieces of cream cheese in a blender or food processor. Add the lemon zest, sour cream, half-and-half, sugar, and salt, and purée until smooth.
2. Chill the mixture in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
3. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Ingredients – Blueberry Sauce
- 2 cups of blueberries; fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
Method – Blueberry Sauce
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the blueberries and sugar until the berries begin to release their juices.
2. Mix the cornstarch with the cold water and lemon juice until lump free. Then stir into the blueberry mixture.
3. Bring the blueberry sauce to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
Sauce can be stored into the fridge for up to 3 days.
Finishing Touch: layer the softened cheesecake ice cream with the blueberry sauce. Freeze. Serve with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs. Enjoy!
Source: The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz