I think these brownies could be decorated for various holidays (pink icing and candy hearts for Valentine’s Day maybe?) or for events like baby showers. They are the perfect bite-sized treat!
- 1/2 cup of salted butter
- 2 ounces (60 g) of unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. In a heatproof bowl over a sauce pan of simmering water, melt the butter with the chocolate until smooth. Be careful that the water does not start to boil, as the chocolate will burn. Remove the mixture from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with sugar. Then slowly whisk in the cooled chocolate mixture. Add the vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder and salt. Whisk the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until just blended.
4. Spoon by 1 tablespoon into foil OR paper-lined mini muffin cups.
5. Bake at 350’F for approximately 12 minutes (or until a cake tester inserted in the centres come out with moist crumbs). Let cool in pan on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Remove brownies and let them cool completely on a second wire rack.
6. Decorate brownies if desired.
Makes: approximately 40 brownies
Source: Canadian Living Magazine (Fall 2010)