- 1 and 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter; cut into pieces (could use Earth Balance vegan butter)
- 1 tablespoon of red food colouring
Note: I found that the recipe did not call for quite enough butter. I ended up adding another 1/4 cup. I suggest you start with 1/2 cup. If the dough does not come together easily, add another 1/4 cup.
1. Pre-heat oven to 325’F. In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Cover and pulse until well combined.
2. Add the butter and food colouring. Pulse until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Then you can process until the mixture just forms a ball. If dough is not coming together, add more butter in 1/4 cup increments here.