- 2 teaspoons of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of grated zucchini
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream (35%)
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pkg (140 g) soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Brush four 1-cup (250 ml) ramekins with butter; set aside. Pre-heat oven to 325′F.
2. Wrap shredded zucchini in a clean tea towel; twist and squeeze to release excess liquid. Transfer to a bowl and toss with the fresh chopped basil. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, whipping cream, flour, maple syrup, salt and nutmeg.
4. Divide goat cheese crumbles evenly among the ramekins. Top each with one-quarter of the zucchini mixture and one-quarter of the egg mixture. Top each with 6 cherry tomato halves.
5. Arrange the four ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake the clafoutis in oven until puffed and eggs are set (about 18 to 20 minutes). Broil until the tops are bubbly and golden (another 2 minutes). Enjoy :)
Source: Canadian Living Magazine: August 2012